So, courtesy of google reader, and another Luxe girl, I was inspired to take on this blog challenge. However, as I started to read through the list I wondered why as I’m not at all food adventurous – in fact I remember crying as I awaited my order of “scary food” when I was in a somewhat forced adventure situation. I’m half expecting that at the end of this my list of no forkin way will I ever try x will be longer than what I have tried and will be willing to try combined. Feel free to play along!
So, here we go…
Here are the rules:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment linking to your results.
2. Nettle tea – no forkin idea wtf this is…
3. Huevos rancheros
5. Crocodile – I’ve had alligator, and it was actually yummy.
7. Cheese fondue
Carp – bottom feeder junk fish, no thanks…
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses – wtf is this??!?
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
Foie gras – the liver filters toxins, somehow I’m not eating something that is full of toxins..no forkin way..hmm..I have had it, but I refuse to eat it, so I think refusal trumps here
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda – wtf is this?!
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl – hope to in New England in November
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
40. Oxtail – does oxtail soup count?
Goat’s milk – the cheese is too strong and pungent for me to be willing to try the source
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
Fugu – no fugu way will I try something called fugu..especially when i dont have a clue what it is either!
Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi – is this like bishybosh?
53. Abalone – probably won’t try, but they are nice to wear as jewelery on the beach
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle – Zehnders makes the best!
Dirty gin martini – gin makes me vomit
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
Frogs’ legs – pas de cuisses de grenouille pour moi merci
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant – I wonder if the tasting evening at Le Blanc qualifies, because this was some crazy hardcore classy stuff, so elegant, and so awesome to have such neat dishes with wine pairings and a little story to go with it from the chef/server and sommelier. I really can’t wait to go here again, not sure if I’m brave enough to attempt others.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee – really need to travel here soon and try it!
Ha! 38 things that I have tried. 29 are absolute no’s. The rest are undecided pending finding out what the hell they are or just haven’t tried but wouldn’t be opposed – like borscht.